Monday, July 26, 2010

Foxy Fics

For those of you who are not already aware, I am in the process of starting a fundraiser. It is in support of Parkinson's Research, helping the Michael J. Fox Foundation in the fight to find a cure. Last year my Father-in-law was diagnosed with Parkinson's and that diagnosis hit my family hard. Just last month we celebrated his 60th birthday, but it was while at that party that the idea for a fundraiser began.

With the help of several fellow authors whom I confessed my ideas to, they not only encouraged me, but helped me begin turning it into a reality. And before I knew it, Foxy Fics was created. So many have volunteered their killer writing skills to write a one-shot for a compliation that will be emailed to all who donate. My last count was 20 authors signed up! I'm amazed at the response I've received already and the fundraiser hasn't even started yet!

Anyway, for those who are interested in learning more, Foxy Fics has it's on blog page with lots of information about the fundraiser and about Parkinson's disease. I encourage you to check it out, the fundraiser kicks off August 4th. Minimum donations are $5 to receive the one-shot compliation. Further details on that will be posted on the Foxy Fics blog later this week.

You can also follow on Twitter to get constant updates: @FoxyFics

Thanks!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment