Thursday, June 3, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles by ciaobella27


Click on banner to read story

Summary:

Edward Cullen has planned the perfect proposal for his girlfriend Bella on the Rink at Rockefeller Center. But getting there is easier said than done. By plane, train or automobile, can Edward get them to New York on time? For Twilight Gift Exchange.

Katbug86:

This short little fic puts a whole new meaning to the saying, "What can go wrong, will go wrong." Edward's desperately trying to propose to Bella, but nothing seems to be going according to plan. Though, it seems, that even upon first meeting, Edward and Bella were destined to have a relationship based on ill-fated events.

I wasn't sure if she was addressing me or just ranting. I knew I should probably find out but the placement of the coffee stain had made the front of her shirt see-through and the material of her bra was thin.

"I'm so sorry, Edward," she began, but as she looked up, she realized where my eyes were trained. Glancing down again, she gasped.

"Oh, God! I have to go," she exclaimed, heading for the door. I was shaken from my boob-induced trance by their…I mean, her, sudden movements.

"Bella!" I called as I ran after her. I was so focused on trying to catch her that I wasn't paying attention to what was going on around me. I remember walking straight into the side of the door as someone opened it. I remember it hurting. And I remember wondering if I'd ever see Bella again.

When I opened my eyes, I knew I was lying on the floor. I just wasn't exactly sure why. I slowly moved my head and it throbbed, especially on my forehead above my eye. As I looked around the room and took in my surroundings, the events of our coffee date came flooding back to me. The spilled drinks, the boob gawking, the very painful door.

I'm sure we've all been there, having one of those embarrassing moments where you almost want to pretend that you're dead just to avoid the reality that everyone may very well be staring at you. I laughed so hard while reading this fic that my husband kept looking at me like I was crazy. This is one of my favorite quotes from the story, and it pretty much sums up just how bad things can get before they get better:

"Listen, I know this sounds ridiculous, but just about everything that could have gone wrong has in the last twenty-four hours. I should be in a hotel in New York City right now getting ready to propose to my girlfriend, but instead I have spent the last twenty-four hours on a plane, in a train and driving a minivan. I'm not drunk. I'm just losing my mind."

There's only 7 chapters, and it is complete. A great, easy read to brighten your day.

Follow on Twitter: @ciao_bella27

No comments:

Post a Comment