Thursday, June 3, 2010

Living Backwards by ciaobella27


Click Banner to read story

Summary:

At 27, Bella Swan is not the mousy and shy girl she once was in high school. After hitting her head, she awakens to find herself back in 1999 during her senior year. How can you go back and repeat history when you aren't That Bella anymore? ExB, AU/AH *Complete*

Buff82:

I fell instantly in love with it. I truly laughed through most of the chapters. Bella is pithy and hilarious and as funny as I found the story it was also tender and touching, even gut wrenching in just the right places. Show her some love and read and review.

Katbug86:

I stumbled upon this story and was immediately hooked by the summary alone. Then, within the first few chapters, I became addicted, craving more of this snarky Bella and her best friend, and flask, Joan. I mean, what would you do if you suddenly woke up ten years into the past? Would you think that you'd died?

I refused to accept that a pair of retro jeans had killed me. I couldn't fathom that level of embarrassment. I'd also rather believe in a benevolent God that would not banish us back to high school when we died. I'm a pretty nice person overall. Maybe I tried returning an outfit to Macy's once after I had already worn it, but overall I am good person who deserves the wings, the harp and the flawless complexion during my afterlife.

How about seriously injured and now you're dreaming?


So if I wasn't dead, there had to be a logical explanation as to why I woke up in 1999. Actual time travel, while popular in a lot of movies, simply doesn't exist. Ashton Kutcher can have his Butterfly Effect and Peggy Sue can decide whether she should get married, but in real life there is no "do over". The possibility that I was in a coma was more likely, but still didn't explain the bump on the back of my head. Doesn't the brain shut down to protect us from this shit? It shouldn't still hurt. Regardless, I was back in time without the cool De Lorean.

And the clever issue of, you're just plain delusional.

Now maybe I've watched too much TV – well, I know I've watched too much TV – but I began to think about how complicated time travel movies are. There are tons of rules. If you change part of one person's future, it has a domino effect. Ashton Kutcher makes one bad decision and - BAM - Amy Smart's a crack whore. This was serious business. There was no way of telling how or why I was here. I didn't want to screw up the future or become a crack whore so I needed to get my act together ASAP.

Either way, Bella has a chance that no one else in life gets - a do-over. The only problem is, she doesn't want one, too afraid that she'll make things worse than they are already. Will meeting a certain 'bad boy' who catches her attention change her mind?

The author writes beautifully, each chapter is better than the last and you find yourself pacing across the floor for the next update to come RIGHT THEN, because it must or you'll go mad. Read, review, you'll find yourself just as in love with this story as I am.

Also, check out her companion story all in Joan's POV. Who knew a pink, sparkley flash could be so talkative!

The Diary of a Mad Flask

You can also follow on Twitter: @ciao_bella27

No comments:

Post a Comment