Thursday, June 3, 2010

Never Too Late by spiritmccinnamon


After an 'epiphany' the day of her wedding to Edward, Bella is able to explore a romantic relationship with Jacob, at last, only to be given a warning that changes her future. She leaves, and returns years later to find things are not as expected...

Never Too Late

Where do I even start? This story OWNS me, there's no denying it. If I had to read one Jake story over and over, it would be this one. Both Buff82 and my husband would laugh at me when it updated because I'd immediately drop ANYTHING I was doing, rush to my computer, and anxiously read, trying to figure out what will happen next.

So much happens throughout the story. First Bella leaves Edward and runs off to stay with a friend, then we get to see the relationship she and Jacob might've had if Bella and Edward had never met. But just when you think all is well and perfect, disaster strikes and it's all taken away from her.

Things don't end there though, we get to continue reading how each character grows and matures with time (feeling like we're about to explode with anticipation for Bella and Jacob to just BE together already).

The thing I like best about this story was the new characters the author added in. I, for one, am not a fan of new characters, in fact I loathe them typically, but spiritmccinnamon has written so that they MAKE the story. Without them, it just wouldn't be the same, and it's as if they were always meant to be part of Twilgiht series.

Overall, with each chapter, I've laughed, I've cried, I've had my heart broken, and I've fallen in love. Never Too Late is well written and captivating, you'll feel everything your characters are feeling, something I know does not always happen with a story. Even if you're not Team Jake I suggest you read this, you might even find yourself hoping that Bella and Jacob end up together in the end, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment